For Employment (Vocational), Options Plus (Day Habilitation), SIL (Supported Independent Living), and PCA (Personal Care Attendant) Services at TARC, you MUST:
- be a resident of Terrebonne Parish.
- be 18 years old for TARC’s work opportunities.
- be 22 years old for TARC’s adult day habilitation program.
- have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.
Contact the South Central Louisiana Human Services Authorit (SCLHSA), formerly OCDD, in Houma at 1-800-876-8805.
- Tell them you are applying for Vocational/Residential services at TARC, and we asked you to contact them.
- If you are looking for community-based employment, also call Louisiana Rehabilitative Services (LRS) at 985-857-3652.
- If you are a Waiver recipient, you will need to contact your Support Coordinator, and tell them you are interested in attending TARC.
Once you have completed the above steps, contact TARC.
- Call TARC at 985-876-4465, and ask to speak to the Intake Specialist. If you qualify for TARC Services, an application will be mailed to you.
- Complete the TARC Application Form. The person, for whom the application is being made, as well as a parent/guardian, should sign every form that requires a signature.
- Return completed application along with copies of:
- Immunization record
- ID Card
- Social Security Card
- Medicaid/Medicare Cards
- Psychological Evaluation.
- Once all required paperwork is received, an Intake Meeting will be scheduled.