For Client Employment (Vocational), Day Habilitation, SIL (Supported Independent Living), and PCA (Personal Care Attendant) Services at TARC, you MUST:

  • be a resident of Terrebonne Parish or moving to Terrebonne Parish.
  • be 18 years old  for TARC’s work opportunities.
  • be 22 years old for TARC’s adult day habilitation program.
  • have an intellectual and/or developmental disability.

Contact the South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority, formerly OCDD, in Thibodaux at 1-800-861-0241. 

  • Tell them you are applying for Vocational/Residential services at TARC, and we asked you to contact them.
  • If you are looking for community-based employment, also call Louisiana Rehabilitative Services (LRS) at 985-857-3652.
  • If you are a Waiver recipient, you will need to contact your Support Coordinator, and tell them you are interested in attending TARC.

Once you have completed every step, contact TARC.

  1. Call for the Intake Specialist at TARC at 985-876-4465.  Set up an appointment to come in and meet with us.
  2. Complete the TARC Application Form. The person, for whom the application is being made, as well as a parent/guardian, should sign every form that requires a signature.
  3. You will need to have your doctor fill out a 90L Medical form.  If you are a NOW or Supports Waiver recipient or community home resident, we will accept your 90-L if it was completed within the past 6 months.
  4. You will need to arrange for TARC to obtain a copy of your evaluations, and, if necessary, medical information.  You can contact the places and ask them to send your records to TARC, #1 McCord Road, Houma, La  70363. (Or) You may sign a Release of Information form at TARC to enable TARC to request them.
  5. We need a copy of your ID card, Social Security Card, Medicare Card, and Medicaid Card.  If you bring them to TARC, we will make the copies for you.

Download our TARC Admissions Checklist to help you complete the process.

Translate »